Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
Expert in Patent Infringement Licensing and Litigation Support
DOES YOUR PATENT HAVE VALUE?
IS IT FINANCIALLY VIABLE TO PURSUE LICENSING OR ASSERSION?
Ben Levitan has significant experience with cases involving infringement of intellectual property rights. He deals specifically with issues of proof of infringement, patent portfolio market value, patent validity, timely disclosure and ITC prep.
Engagements have included:
- Theft of Trade Secrets – Numerous engagements as an expert regarding theft of trade secrets including: IPTV infringement, SMS infringement, and mobile web infringement.
- Product Comparisons for Infringement – Engaged by major internet search engine to opine if competitor’s similar product infringed upon intellectual property right.
- Origin of Standards vs. Patents – Engaged by major handset manufacturer to evaluate their contention that their handsets were built to publicly available standards, rather than to the Plaintiff’s charge of patent infringement.
- Opinions on Value of Patents – Engaged by major electronics manufacturer to evaluate their patent portfolio, and to determine which patents had market value for potential licensing.
- Assertion and Licensing Research – Engaged by a well-known electronics manufacturer with patent assets to identify if any infringers exist. Developed report and made recommendations regarding financial feasibility of assertion versus licensing.
- Patent Development – Engaged by multiple patent houses to develop new patent applications to extend existing patents, to develop applications to gain IPR assets on expected future technology and to grow companies’ patent portfolios.
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Local Exchange Carriers (LEC)
- Public Defenders and District Attorneys
- Private Investigators
Public Speaking and Seminars
Levitan is a popular speaker at workshops and seminars. Topics include: wiretap (CALEA), basic telephony, cellular telephony, new technology and new telecommunication mandates imposed by the FCC.